Sunday 26 June 2016

MyKitCo Nude Launch Party

On Monday night I was extremely lucky to be invited along to the MyKitCo launch party of their new brush collection: the nudes. I love MyKitCo and I have supported them ever since they very first launched as a brand last November. It seems like just yesterday that I went to their opening launch!

MyKitCo is a brand designed for professionals (and makeup lovers!) providing a collection of high quality makeup brushes and accessories created by renown makeup artist James Molloy.
I fell in love with this brand the moment I tried their products.Their brushes are an outstanding quality at fantastic prices and they have so many smart accessories that make life as a makeup artist much easier!




The launch was held at the Cloud 23 bar in the Hilton hotel, Manchester, giving us the most amazing view of the city as the sun set. On the evening we were each greeted with a goody bag and a friendly welcome from James and Alex who both own the brand together. After meeting James and Alex once before and speaking to them via email and social media, I can tell how passionate they are about their company. The guys always go the extra mile to always provide a fantastic service to their customers and I think that this is what makes their brand extra special and exciting.





On the night we were treated to a live demonstration from James himself on the stunning model, Sophie Billington where James used and talked us through the new NUDE collection brushes and showed us how to achieve a high fashion bronzed glossy look.
I picked up so many tips and tricks from James and thoroughly enjoyed watching him work.



Inside our goody bag, we were gifted a small face powder brush with a flat and tapered structure, a beauty blender sponge and a cute little MyKitCo badge which will look great pinned to my kit.
The brush that we received in our goody bag is extremely soft (like all of the MyKitCo brushes) and I can imagine that it will be perfect for applying any precise powders, for example highlighter, setting powder and blush.

Now onto the products that I bought for myself with the impossible to resist exclusive 20% off discount. I decided to buy 3 eye brushes which were the 1.15, 1.12 and 1.13.
1.15 Pro-My blending shadow has a large soft full rounded brush head made from natural fibres. This is a classic blending brush which will always come in use when creating any makeup look. I like this brush because it is big enough to thoroughly blend shadow however it is slightly tapered which will help to keep the colour where you want it to be.

1.12 Pro-My tapered crease looks very similar to the 1.15 brush mentioned above however this is slightly more tapered which makes it ideal to use in the eye crease. The brush head tapers to a soft point, which helps blend powder shadow evenly. I think that this brush would be ideal to use when creating a cut crease eye look.

1.13 Pro-My detailing smudge has a small rounded brush head and the size and shape of this brush allows for a snug fit along the lash line. I will use this brush to smudge eye khol pencil close to the lash line and also to apply product underneath the lash line to create a sultry smoky look.

All of these brushes are extremely soft and well made; from the solid wooden handles and tightly crimped bristles to ensure the longest life of your brushes, each piece is finished to the highest quality and I can definitely see where the care and thought has gone into the process of each makeup brush.




I love drawing and designing my own face charts so I decided to pick up a pack of 15 professional face charts printed on the best quality paper meaning that I will be able to produce creative face charts to help me develop my skill as a makeup artist. 

Keeping my makeup kit organised is very important and it also makes my life a lot easier! MyKitCo have a variety of kit organisers which help makeup artists keep their kit looking professional and tidy at all times. 
I use a lot of loose pigments and as much as I love them, they can be a nightmare to carry in my kit because the packaging can easily open and spill everywhere which can make a massive mess and can waste product. To keep my loose pigments separate to the rest of the makeup in my kit I decided to pick up this small storage bag. My Mini PVC Bag is perfect for storing small items such as pencils, skin care bottles, pigments and glitters. 

Muji used to be my go to shop for buying tiny tiny cotton buds to use for makeup until MyKitCo released their My Small 'On Point' Buds which put Muji to shame! These buds have the smallest and sharpest point which make them perfect to use when correcting makeup. 
These are a must have in my kit! 

Finally, I picked up a My Mini Metal Pallet which is something that every makeup artist needs to stay hygienic whilst doing someone else's makeup. Using the back of your hand as a mixing pallet is fine from time to time but I think that it is nice to have somewhere separate to mix colours and hygienically apply products onto your client. I like this pallet because it is compact and will fit inside my kit easily. 




I am extremely grateful to have been invited along to the MyKitCo NUDE launch party. I had a great time and I am yet again extremely impressed with the things that James and Alex have achieved and I can't wait to see the brand grow even more. 

Check out the MyKitCo online website where you can order your brushes and accessories now!
https://www.mykitco.uk/




1 comment:

  1. great work.. i just follow your blog.
    Greetings from Greece.
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete